Welcome to the first installment of our “In Search of . . .” series in 2011! For those of you who aren’t familiar with it, we’ll highlight Dan Simmons’s hottest job opening in the first issue of each month. The same job might run in consecutive issues, but our goal is to give exposure to as many openings as possible throughout the year. Below is the position that we’d like to highlight in this issue of The Animal Science Monitor.
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Contact Dan Simmons: (888) 276-6789 or email@example.com
Experienced food industry leader to manage new product development projects in a growing customer-focused company committed to the pursuit of perfection. This is a large, privately held, expanding, and integrated agri-business leader seeking an R&D Manager to provide technical and managerial guidance to enhance the company’s sale of their ingredients.
To be considered for this role:
- You must have 10+ years of R&D experience with a major food or food ingredient company and a Master’s Degree in Food Science or a related discipline.
- You must have experience with emulsifiers or emulsion in food systems and ingredients.
- Specifically, you must have product process for production of Mayo and Dressing Products.
- You must have a strong Research & Development background in the Food Science industry, along with knowledge of raw material and ingredient functionality, as well as knowledge of or experience with Gum and Starch systems.
- Procedural competence—The ability to maintain compliance with HACCP and USDA guidelines, along with the ability to work cross-functionally with the various departments, including Quality, Sales, and the customer. Technical expertise with sensory systems necessary, as well as product development, product trials, and converting from test to a full production environment.
- Innovative—The ability to engage effectively with all stakeholders and develop new products that include the company’s ingredients, along with the benefits of utilization or development of alternative product ingredients to meet customer functional needs.
- Excellent people skills—Along with excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels in the organization, you will also provide leadership, motivate others, and be an accomplished problem solver with a high level of personal initiative. You will be self driven, action-results oriented, and have the ability to prioritize and follow through. You will also be computer literate with Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Preferences are that this person will possess a Chemical Engineering undergraduate degree and ideally be bilingual (English and Spanish).
Five (5) reasons why this is a great job for the right person:
- This is a growing company with a passion for the pursuit of perfection.
- The organization is extremely efficient and cutting-edge with a global perspective.
- The company is committed to providing the capital resources necessary to achieve its goals.
- The company has a “family feel’ environment.
- The position has a competitive salary with relocation assistance.
If you’d like more information about how you can give your open positions exposure in The ASM or if you’d like more information about the position listed above, contact Dan Simmons at (888) 276-6789 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.