Market feed additives to the entire spectrum of the poultry industry, broilers, layers, turkeys and ducks. Established business in the upper mid-west and the west coast. Eventually work with swine producers too! This is an opportunity to shine. The established territory has been stagnant at $15M for years and needs someone who truly understands birds to grow this business. LOTS OF POTENTIAL. New products in pipeline to come out in 2016 and 2017. This position markets feed ingredients and additives to the poultry industry in the upper mid-west and has some key accounts in the west. Travel to the west is once every 6 weeks. This international company has a solid presence in the US with their core products and are looking to gain traction with second-tier and newly developed products.
Location : Des Moines, IA
Reasons the right candidate will love this job.
- Small poultry team (3 sales reps, 1 mgr, 3 PhDs)
- Territory has extreme potential
- Top product is the “gold standard” for the industry
- Strong corporate culture focused on individual development
- Entrepreneurial spirit – you have significant authority to manage your business
- 25% bonus potential on top of a competitive salary + car allowance
- 50% overnight travel
- Partner with a PhD Nutritionist assigned to your region.
Territory: Established customer base of broiler, layer and turkey accounts in California, Utah and Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois and key accounts in neighboring states.
Current Sales: $15M+
Objective: Manage and grow the territory. 5% growth on core product, 25% growth on tier two is target. Partner with PhD to provide lots of face time with clients.
To be seriously considered for this role you should possess 5 years of experience selling feed additives or ingredients to the broiler industry. You must be able to overnight travel 50% in the region. A BS in poultry or animal science is highly preferred and a BS is required.