This position is responsible for ensuring safety, quality and efficiency in production by performing a variety of tasks such as, preparing work assignments, enforcing company policies and procedures, making sure that all quality standards are met, ensuring equipment are in working order, and by supervising employees.
Location : Branston, ON
Successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- 5 + years poultry experience
- Manage employees, equipment, and raw materials so that all are prepared to meet the production schedule by planning ahead and anticipating production needs.
- Organize work schedules to complete weekly daily and monthly tasks
- Supervise and manage employees by ensuring all company policies and procedures are followed, initiate disciplinary action and evaluate performance.
- Participate in delicate activities (vaccination, selection, placement…etc.) with a hands-approach, and conduct frequent barn tours to ensure timely execution and work quality standards.
- Be very organized and accurate in your work
- Work with and follow careful instructions from the genetic department on n ongoing basis
- Promote team environment and facilitate cross-functional teams to drive Safety, Quality, and Productivity improvements.
- Identify problems, coordinate and facilitate meetings with appropriate groups as required to implement solutions.
- Artificial insemination
- Knowledge of Poultry nutrition
- Have a working knowledge of climate and barn controls to ensure a safe and healthy environment for employees and poultry.
- Ensure that all paperwork is accurate, complete, and on time.
- Computer excellence (Word, excel, data bases)
- Must have a Driver’s License
- Language Skills: read, write & speak English & German will be considered an advantage